As part of our ongoing work and hope for reconciliation with indigenous people, we realise that we need to change our understanding of who we are and to whom we belong. Through the season of Lent this year, we will be exploring our relationship with the land we share–the land our building is part of, the land we live on, the other people who share this land.
We invite any and all who share this place with us to join us in this process:
- We will explore our watershed (Taddle Creek) with Lost Rivers on Sat, Apr 29 at 11am (moved from March 25)
- We will explore the treaties of this place through wampum with Brian Charles on Sat, Apr 8.
- We hope to plant and care for indigenous plants here on the square
- If there is interest, we may host a Kairos Blanket Exercise (Keith is facilitating one at St. Clement’s on March 26)
- the sermons at most Sunday services throughout Lent will address the work of reconciliation
More information will be added to this page as details firm up. If you would like to be notified of specifics or to ask questions, feel free to contact Keith at email@example.com