upcoming services and events
We’re a pick-up band of Holy Trinity members, formed to lead our worship music from time to time. We try to keep things fun and lively. Currently, we play approximately once a month at 10:30am on a Sunday. We’re open to new players if you wish to join us.
The musical backgrounds of the members are varied and so is the material we tackle. For more information, drop us a line via the contact form on this site.
Yes, it really is Angles, not Angels. It’s a bit of a joke on the frequent misspelling of angels and also on the root of the word Anglican.
past services and events
- Picnic in High Park June 18 May 30, 2017 - SERVICE – PICNIC Sunday, June 18, 2017 @ 11:00 AM Area 26 in High Park (directions below) Join us and invite your friends! Service: 11:00 AM in Area 26 at High Park, this is the only service on June 18. This will be a fun, intergenerational service in High Park. The music will be contemporary … Continue reading Picnic in High Park June 18
- Many Waters May 28, 2017 - Here are a few excerpts from our recent Sunday gathering: Many Waters. Come, launch the light canoe; The breeze is fresh and strong: The summer skies are blue, And ’tis joy to float along; Away o’er the waters. The bright-glancing waters, The many-voiced waters. As they dance in light and song. Susanna Moodie Today we … Continue reading Many Waters
- Blessing of the Bikes! May 25, 2017 - At the end of this Sunday’s service, we will be blessing bikes and riders as the weather warms up. Join us this Sunday, and bring your bike, your helmet, and your bell for a little extra spiritual help this biking season. This service also features the music of the Fallen Angles, our in-house band and … Continue reading Blessing of the Bikes!
- a long walk to freedom Feb 7, 2016 - On February 21 at 10:30am we will reprise a powerful theme from last year: “Freedom”. We’ve been digging the roots of african-american spirituals. We were particularly moved by an interview and song sharing with Joe Carter you can listen to here. I would encourage you to listen, whether you are going to attend this service or … Continue reading a long walk to freedom
- Feast – reflecting on community and intimacy Jan 17, 2016 - Our liturgy this morning was on the theme of feast. I am including the reflection I shared, in both text and video forms as well as the bulletin which has most of the service text. There are a few bits missing from the bulletin, but the most exciting bit was that the Fallen Angles played … Continue reading Feast – reflecting on community and intimacy
- Sunday Mornings at Holy Trinity Jan 5, 2016 - We worship together every Sunday at 10:30 AM The service includes: Readings, not always exclusively Biblical Music on organ, piano, and sometimes with a live band Prayers, spoken and sung A time of sharing community news and holding that news up in prayer Eucharist, sometimes known as communion or Lord’s Supper During the service separate … Continue reading Sunday Mornings at Holy Trinity
- Mary’s Song Dec 20, 2015 - This service is on opportunity to delve into Mary’s song musically, emotionally, and physically. The worship leadership will be moving from place to place and we invite you to participate in as many ways as you feel comfortable. We recognize that this does not fit our familiar pattern, but hope the richness of words, images, … Continue reading Mary’s Song
- Unsettling the Settler – Service & Parish Picnic June 21 11:00 AM – the picnic is on Jun 15, 2015 - the picnic is on! Service & Picnic on Sunday, June 21, 2015 @ 11:00 AM in Area 26 in High Park (directions below) NO SERVICE AT THE CHURCH (open for drop in breakfast 8 to 9 AM) Join us at High Park and invite others! We will bring our hearing assist devices to connect to … Continue reading Unsettling the Settler – Service & Parish Picnic June 21 11:00 AM – the picnic is on
- May 24, Worship: The Spirit’s Fire – Decolonizing Our Hearts May 10, 2015 - Once a month our worship service is led by our local band, Fallen Angles, in a pop vein. The service is always thematic and uses contemporary music, both popular and liturgical. We strive for an integrated experience that affects everyone who comes. This month our theme is “The Spirit’s Fire – Decolonizing Our Hearts”. We’ll … Continue reading May 24, Worship: The Spirit’s Fire – Decolonizing Our Hearts
- Disrupting Empire – service text Mar 29, 2015 - PDF: HT bulletin Mar 29 Palm Sunday 4 While empire in Jesus’ time consisted of distinct forms of oppression including military occupation, violence, unjust taxation, and slavery, … we have to look deeper and wider to put a recognizable face on empire. … As stated in To Seek Justice and Resist Evil, contemporary “empire is … Continue reading Disrupting Empire – service text