The Church of the Holy Trinity, Trinity Square, Toronto is looking for a new Music Director.
Download PDF here: Holy Trinity Music Director
Church of the Holy Trinity
10 Trinity Square, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1B1
Persons interested in applying for this position should email a letter of interest and a résumé to email@example.com no later than 12 noon EST February 28, 2013.
Salary commensurate with experience
PURPOSE: To lead the development of the music ministry for all Liturgies of the church. To encourage and develop the musical capabilities of the community, and to develop community through the use of Music.
- To liaise with the Worship Committee and attend the monthly meetings
- To provide music personally or by arranging for guest musicians.
- To plan and organize music for services in consultation with Worship Coordinators.
- To research new music and collect materials for Advent, Christmas, Lent, Holy Week and Easter.
- To lead choral activities and encourage the use of a variety of instruments.
- To ensure compliance with copyright law and licenses.
- To monitor and administer the Music Budget.
- To arrange regular maintenance for the organ and pianos.
- To foster the musical abilities of the community.
- To provide music for any other worship services that may be developed.
- To provide music for weddings and funerals as required
- To attend staff meetings and to be a part of the staff team.
- To undertake other duties as assigned by the Incumbent and Wardens.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Music education/training, e.g., A.R.C.T., BMus, B.F.A., R.C.C.O. Certification.
- Experience with Church music.
- Ability to play the pipe organ and piano
- Competence in choral conducting.
- Ability to accompany and teach community singing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Good team building skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to use tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity
- To the Wardens; Employed by the Church of the Holy Trinity for 16 hours/week
- To the Incumbent
- To the Worship Committee
- Must comply with and sign a confidentiality agreement
- Successful Police reference check
- Must be in compliance with the Policy and Procedures of the Church Of The Holy Trinity